User-friendly graphical pre- and post-processors for OpenSees.
- GiD+OpenSees - An OpenSees add-on for GiD, A general graphical pre/post processor.
- Build-X - An Expert Tool for Seismic Analysis and Assessment of 3D Buildings with OpenSees.
- NextFEM - A user friendly Finite Element Analysis program, which can be used alone or to be a pre- or post- processor for several widely used FEM programs (i.e. OOFEM, SAP2000, Midas GEN, OpenSees, ABAQUS/CalculiX, Zeus-NL, and others).
- OpenSees Navigator - A stand-alone Matlab interface allowing users to quickly create models, perform analysis, and look at the results.
- ETO (Etabs To OpenSees) - A pre- and post-processor which is able to import
.s2kfile generated by ETABS.
- STKO (Scientific ToolKit for OpenSees) - A cutting-edge pre- and post-processor for both serial and parallel versions of OpenSees.
Stand-alone editor programs just for OpenSees code.
- Cypress Editor - A better editor for who does OpenSees code.
OpenSees plugins for existing welcomed text editors.
- Sublime-OpenSees - A Sublime Text plug-in for the OpenSees extension language of TCL.
- OpenSEESAutoComplete - An auto-complete plugin to make writing OpenSees file easier on Notepad++.
- Atom Language Package - An Atom text editor package that provides syntax highlighting and auto-completion for OpenSees tcl scripts.
- VSCode Language Support - An extension that adds rich language support for OpenSees flavoured TCL language in Visual Studio Code.
Simple scripts that help visualise OpenSees models or results.
- OpenSees Model View - A Python package that can be used to visualise your OpenSees model as the tcl file is written.
- OpenSees 3D Visualisation - A Python script that reads OpenSees simulation input and output files to create a 3D visualisation of your displaced model.
- OpenSees Model Plotter Matlab - A Matlab-based plotter for models developed in OpenSees.
Resources and guidelines for you to run OpenSees on cloud.
Amazon EC2 - A guideline to running OpenSees Sequentially and in Parallel on Amazon EC2.
Application Programming Interfaces that call OpenSees.
The OpenSeesPy Library - A Python 3 interpreter library from the official website.
OpenSeesAPI - A Python package that is used to write OpenSees tcl scripts quickly.
OpenSeesAPI.m - An OpenSees API for MATLAB.
Reuseable user-defined procedures and snippets. All the files are stored in the
Official and unofficial tutorials and examples in a variety of languages.
- Official Getting Started Manual - A brief introduction to get started.
- Official Examples Collection - All the examples provided by the OpenSees developing group.
- Getting Started Tutorial in Chinese - A simple but powerful tutorial for brand new users.
Personal blogs, communities or forums where you can find help.